Wednesday 5 December 2012

Soon-To-Come Christmas

 Merry Christmas!

And have a happy New Year!!

   I know that Christmas is 20 days away from today but the Christmas spirit is in me already. I am a Muslim, but Christmas is an event I shall not miss every year!

   Christmas is an event where we exchange presents with each other. But the last time I ever gave or receive any present was when I was in 2nd Grade. That was the last year I've seen my good old friend, George Harvey. He was a year younger than me. He is an American kid that moved to my state and country, Penang, Malaysia. His dad's name is Dan Harvey while his step-mom's name is Nayut. He moved to Taiwan that year. I missed him since then.

   I remember that day when he is moving and he gave me most of his toys. His dad gave my dad their table and our moms exchanged plates with each other. Years went and my mom threw away all the toys given to me. The glass plates broke and we threw them away. What's left in memory is the table they gave us. 

   Remember 10 years ago when Monopoly was once the best board game?I got that for Christmas from him. That's the only thing I have left in memory of him other than the table. When we were just small kids, me and him played doll. No we're not gays. It's a Pooh Bear doll. I gave him one and he gave me one in return. I remembered hugging that doll at his house a few nights before he moved. 

   His dad was a cool guy. He introduced Christmas to my family and me. We never actually celebrate it since we're Muslims. The most fun moment of Christmas I had with them was decorating the Christmas tree. It was a fake tree but it was trully magnificent. 

   On Xmas, I went to his house for Christmas dinner and his step-mom cooked a wonderful meal. There was pork in one of the dishes but I didn't touch it since it's forbidden. That night I heard them carol and I joined them. Such a wonderful experience.

   Hey George, if by any chance you read this, do contact me please? I miss you old bud. You can get my e-mail in the ''About Me'' part. My Facebook is Harith Iskandar. My Twitter will be @Iskandar_dardar. I hope I get to contact you by Christmas my old friend.



No comments:

Post a Comment